[jitsi-announce] Jitsi 2.0 Now Released!
emcho at jitsi.org
Tue Mar 5 22:53:35 CET 2013
Jitsi 2.0 is now released and available for download at
Among the most prominent new features you will find quality multi-party
video conferences for XMPP, audio device hot-plugging, support for
Outlook presence and calls, an overhauled user interface and support for
the Opus and VP8 audio/video codec. You can download the new version at
the following location: https://download.jitsi.org/
The new multi-party video conference is very bandwidth-friendly and as
such allows for any number of participants as long as the clients are
powerful enough to decode the incoming video. The quality and the
bandwidth efficiency come from the fact that each participant only needs
to send its video once to a server using Jitsi-Videobridge, which relays
the data to all the other participants. An open XMPP server having
Jitsi-Videobridge enabled is available at: http://jit.si
Hot-plugging audio-devices in an active call is now possible, for
example switching from the integrated audio of a notebook to a headset.
The more modern new user interface better fits into all the supported
operating systems. New support for the open source audio codec OPUS
provides better call quality and the VP8 video-codec an alternative to
H.264. Users of Outlook see the presence status of their contacts
directly in Outlook and can start calls or chats by hovering over a contact.
Jitsi downloads ( http://goo.gl/JHa9q ) are available for Mac OS X,
Linux and Windows and are completely translated in Bulgarian, English,
French, German, Italian, Spanish. Partial translations for 19 more
languages are also included.
Following is a list of the most important changes brought by this build:
* Video conferencing with Jitsi Videobridge.
* Presence and call integration with MS Outlook.
* Moves to a completely revamped Graphical User Interface.
* Support for Opus and VP8.
* Support for PulseAudio on Linux.
* Fine grained control and duplication of audio notifications over
* Support for Last Message Correction (LMC) with XMPP through the UP arrow.
* Implements (native) volume control.
* Improves support for audio hotplug, including during calls.
* Improves video rendering performance.
* Numerous stability fixes for Portaudio.
* Support for the Combined Use of SIP and XMPP (CUSAX).
* Support for ZID names with ZRTP.
* Switches to Libjitsi.
* Support for answer/hangup global shortcuts for use with HID compatible
* Support for STUN/TURN server discovery from jingle info.
* Adds further details (e.g. ICE processing and video resolutions) to
the call info window.
* Updates display names when changed at server-side.
* Auto accept authorizations if we have initiated adding of a contact.
* Fixes support for default "auto away" values.
* Numerous other fixes and improvements!
See the full changelog here: http://goo.gl/LCLZc
Best regards from the Jitsi dev team!
More information about the announce