[sip-comm-dev] Exception after receiving 200/OK

Thomas Ackermann TAckermann at innovaphone.com
Thu May 27 11:02:53 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I found the sip-communicator receiving calls with no problems.
But when making calls I always get an Exception after receiving
the 200/OK response for INVITE.
After checking the source code of sip-communicator and jain-sip
stack I probably found the reason for that.

Function CallProcessing.processInviteOK() tries to create
the ACK request by calling the dialog (!) function:

    Request ack = (Request) clientTransaction.getDialog().createRequest(Request.ACK);

And here the Exception occurs because the dialog's state is null:

    "Dialog ... not yet established or terminated null"

According to the functions comment header this function is not to be
used to create the ACK request! messageFactory.createRequest() is to
be used instead!

Any comments from your side?

Best regads,
Thomas