AW: [sip-comm-dev] tests broken?

Yana Stamcheva yana at sip-communicator.org
Thu Nov 29 15:07:48 CET 2007

Hi Emil, Thomas,

I have experienced the same problem and have just committed a fix. The
problem was coming from the fact that chat help menu wasn't added in the
supported containers. I have just added one line in the UIServiceImpl
and it's ok now.

There's something else that bothers me though. We seem to have a problem
with the background of the loading panel in the splash screen (it's
gray, instead of the main background). We should have a look on this one
also.

Cheers,
Yana

Emil Ivov wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> The tests are indeed OK, and I guess that there must have been a problem
> with your own environment for them to fail this way (107 errors and
> failures generally mean a problem with the test configuration).
>
> However there seems to be another problem with the commit. It seems
> impossible to open a chat window in the latest nightly build. When I try
> to do so I get the following exception:
>
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The container that you specified is not supported by this UIService implementation.
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.UIServiceImpl.getComponentsForContainer(UIServiceImpl.java:293)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.menus.HelpMenu.initPluginComponents(HelpMenu.java:63)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.menus.HelpMenu.<init>(HelpMenu.java:55)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.menus.MessageWindowMenuBar.<init>(MessageWindowMenuBar.java:46)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.MenusPanel.<init>(MenusPanel.java:46)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.ChatWindow.<init>(ChatWindow.java:63)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.ChatWindowManager.createChat(ChatWindowManager.java:531)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.ChatWindowManager.getContactChat(ChatWindowManager.java:339)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.contactlist.ContactListPanel.messageReceived(ContactListPanel.java:247)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.rss.OperationSetBasicInstantMessagingRssImpl.fireMessageReceived(OperationSetBasicInstantMessagingRssImpl.java:369)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.rss.OperationSetBasicInstantMessagingRssImpl.submitRssQuery(OperationSetBasicInstantMessagingRssImpl.java:219)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.rss.OperationSetBasicInstantMessagingRssImpl.refreshAllRssFeeds(OperationSetBasicInstantMessagingRssImpl.java:236)
>>         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.rss.RssTimerRefreshFeed.run(RssTimerRefreshFeed.java:45)
>>         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>>         at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Emil
>
> P.S. Sorry for not answering on MSN, ... the thing is that I upgraded my
> local copy of SIP Communicator and now can't send messages because of
> this issue :).
>
> Thomas Hofer wrote:
>> Hmm, strange. It seems on cruisecontrol, that there is everything ok.

>>> testU
>>> ninstallAccount(TestAccountUninstallation.java:187)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
>>> Method)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
>>> va:39
>>> )
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
>>> rImpl
>>> ..java:25)
>>>      [java] 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>>>      [java] 	at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>>>      [java] 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>>>      [java] 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>>>      [java] 	at
>>> net.java.sip.communicator.slick.runner.ScTestRunner.doRun(ScTestRunner.
>>> java: