[sip-comm-dev] a small problem with the ChatRooms

Emil Ivov emcho at sip-communicator.org
Wed Sep 12 23:26:21 CEST 2007

Hey Yana,

I just noticed that every time I log in with a jabber account I get an
error. It says that registration has failed though in the same time the
provider is successfully logged in and fully operational.

I had a look at the logs and saw the following exception:

> 22:43:22.276 SEVERE: impl.gui.main.login.LoginManager.run().536 Failed to register protocol provider.                                       java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chatroomslist.ChatRoomsList.synchronizeOpSetWithLocalContactList(ChatRoomsList.java:382)         at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.login.LoginManager.registrationStateChanged(LoginManager.java:241)
>     at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.fireRegistrationStateChanged(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:741)
>     at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.connectAndLogin(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:374)
>     at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.register(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:153)    at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.login.LoginManager$RegisterProvider.run(LoginManager.java:491)

Seems like an easy fix. Want me to have a look or you prefer to take
care of it yourself?