[sip-comm-dev] SIP-Communicator, some questions about reinvites

Emil Ivov emcho at sip-communicator.org
Tue Sep 18 10:35:26 CEST 2007

Hello Yum,

Yum wrote:
> hello everyone,
>
> first of all i hope i'm not disturbing you too much and sorry for my bad
> english.

Absolutely not. Quite few of us are native speakers here.

> i'm a student at www.hs-mannheim.de in germany and i'm working on a
> plugin for the sc. my plugin will make sc able to stream a video file
> between the participants of a sip session using vlc.

Sounds interesting!

> now my question: i want to use reinvites with modified content header or
> a private header to tell the callee that i want to send him a rtsp uri.
> but i can't find the place where to send/receive reinvites in the sc
> code. maybe you can tell me if there is some reinvite methods
> implemented and where i can find them?

Have a look at OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.
Line 431 currently reads:

     logger.error("reINVITE-s are not currently supported.");

Code for processing received reINVITE messages would have to go in there.

As for sending a reINVITE, you could do this from wherever you want.
Make sure you use the dialog of the original INVITE. You can get it from
the corresponding CallSipImpl or (depending on where you call your code
from) the jain-sip event that triggered it.

Hope this helps
Emil