[sip-comm-dev] Re: Gsoc 09 : Dtmf Report

Romain filirom1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:28:06 CEST 2009

Hello
We had a long phone conversation today with Emil, S-C works well :)

We made some changes in the previous conception :
1 - I used transformer which substitute audio packet for dtmf packet.
We don't want to loose audio packet so instead we will inject dtmf packet.

In order to inject packet without transformation, I will refactor the
impl.media.transform package.
The TransformConnector will be generalized as a simple Connector.
This connector will handle TransformInputStream or just simple InputStream
(same thing for OutputStream).
We will inject packet using  OutputStream#write(buffer,offset,length)
Also, we will be able to create a Connector without a TranformEngine, and
add it later.

2 - I made some changes in CalSessionImpl
But the CallSessionImpl will change soon, so I will try to write my code as
a standalone entity.
I will create an Object DtmfControl that will contains every function
previously added in CallSessionImpl.

3 - I used several OperationSetDtmfSipImpl : one for DtmfRTP and one other
for DtmfSipInfo.
I will use only one OperationSetDtmfSipImpl which will dispatch to
DtmfSipInfoHandler or DtmfRtpHandler acording to the configuration.

4 - In SipInfoDtmf the duration of a digit is not handled.
With RtpDTmf the duration is needed. So I will change the method
sendDtmf(tone) in OperationSetDtmfSipImpl with startSendingDtmf(tone) and
stopSendingDtmf(tone). I will add a TimeOut if the Gui make some strange
things.

5 - I used Listener in order to communicate between the
OperationSetDtmfSipImpl and the CallSessionImpl. There is no need, I can
call directly the CallSessionImpl Object.

Cheers

Romain