[sip-comm-dev] The new Conference UI

Dilshan Kanchana dilshanamadoru at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:39:38 CEST 2009

Dear developers !

In the past few days I was working on creating a user interface for our new
call conferencing functionality.

First, I looked at our existing Call Dialog Box and tried to see how it
looks like when we add more participants in to it.
Check the following link to see what I got.
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/456/callold.jpg

We thought, that component orientation needs to be changed in order to
create a much beautiful conference UI.
Also it had to facilitate the newly created sound level indicators as well.
So I came up with a new design for our conference UI.
Check the following link to see the new UI.
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/990/callnew.jpg

I reused most of the existing code in creating the new UI.
You can check the source code from here.
https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/svn/sip-communicator/branches/gsoc09/sli

I'm waiting for your valuable suggestions and comments for improving the UI
much more.

Cheers
Dilshan