AW: [sip-comm-dev] How to affect the DELAY, PACKET LOSS and JITTER in SC

Nikolay Velichkov nikipetev at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 2 12:51:58 CEST 2009

Hello Emil, hello all,

first: delay und packet loss

>Not sure I understand. What do you mean by affect, and what do you mean
>by possible? Do you mean introducing packet loss or rather handling it?
>Same question for delay and jitter.

I mean introducing and than handling it. First I will try only whit delay and packet loss. I thing Jitter is something complex for me.

I would like to produce an larger delay by introducing changes in the source code of SC. That means for example - the voice packets will be transmitted after 50, 100,500 ms or more from SC, not immediately. I would like examining how the delay exactly affects the quality. I mean the same with packet loss. I would like to modify the source code so, that every 3, 5, 10, 15 data packet will be not send.

second: uni direction

>Is it a connection where audio is streamed in one direction only?

exactly

>If yes then which direction would that be?

user A-->B and from user B-->A, and not like duplex A<=>B

>If you want it to be the other way around then the
>service would have to send at SDP description that declares all streams
>as sendonly.

at which place in the source code am I supposed to declares sendonly from SDP

Thank You for the help

and Cheers

Nikolay