[sip-comm-dev] [GS0C 09] Update Avatar-Progress

Egidijus Jankauskas egidijus.jankauskas at email.lt
Tue Jul 28 11:07:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 28 Jul 2009, at 09:49, shashank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No I got your point. But it has the same limitation of having the
> crop frame of fixed shape that is a square. So not much advantage in
> changing the implementation. Best implementation obviously would be
> having a resiziable recantangle which can be extended on all sides,
> but I am leaving that for now as will require complicated mouse
> handling.

What is wrong with square-shaped avatars? When I hear a word "avatar",
I associate it with a square-shaped image because avatars everywhere
are square-shaped ;) I don't think that allowing rectangular avatars
is a good idea because they would allow inconsistent shape among
avatars, and that would look quite messy in the same window.

Cheers,
Egidijus