[sip-comm-dev] Help in Sound Level Indicator UI

Yana Stamcheva yana at sip-communicator.org
Fri Jul 3 14:55:39 CEST 2009

Hi Dilshan,

Just a few thoughts from me.

I like very much the sound indicator components (though I'm not sure
about the red color, but this could be easily changed:)). However in the
1 to 1 call I would expect to see the sound level indicator on the
bottom of the user image. I think that we can put them, one below the
other, between the image and the status panel and use some small
microphone and headset icons (I've made simple ones that you could use,
see attached) in front of each indicator.

For the conference call, one of the initial ideas Emil had, was to
"zoom" on the participant who speaks. In the interface you suggested
this would be on the place of the "Local user image". However this would
bring a lot of complexity, so I think that for now you can start by
creating a layout like the one shown in Screenshot3.png (see attached).
You can do this by simply changing the layout of the CallPanel to a
GridLayout with 1 column.

If you need any help when changing the call UI, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Yana