[sip-comm-dev] Integrating SpellChecker with the Latest Build

Nitish Upreti nitishupreti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:33:16 CEST 2010

Hello Folks

I had a talk with emcho regarding the integration of SpellChecker in
the latest SIP build. The code of which has already been written
during gsoc 2008 by Damain.

The code resides in a package "net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.spellchecker".

For now I was following a BlackBox Approach towards the code. Not
realising "how" the code does it but just "what" the code does.
As the core code stays the same but as the GUI of the project has
evolved,my Approach till now has been:

   1. Separate the core from GUI dependent code
   2. Use all the core code(As it should work )
   3. Rewrite the GUI code.

While doing this I realized some new listener and other code needs to
be added in the other clases as well.

This seems to be a good working approach but then I finally I stumbled
on the class "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.chat.ChatWindowManager".
The design of this class is different in the trunk branch.

The constructor is default which in the spellcheck version took a
"net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.MainFrame" as an argument.
Now there is a default constrcutor.

Some other changes are there as well.

I wonder if I am following the right approach of getting the job done?
Or should I figure out "how" exactly Damain's code does the job and
then work on my code in the latest build?

Some experience developers could please help me with this.  :)

Regards
Nitish