[sip-comm-dev] Call Recording

Emil Ivov emcho at sip-communicator.org
Thu Aug 12 15:00:32 CEST 2010

Hey folks,

Dmitri, you've done a great job! Call recording has been very high on
our project wish list for quite a while now. This is really a great
addition to SIP Communicator! Thank you and Lubomir for spending time on
this and doing such a great job. I'd also like to add a couple of issues
here:

* It would be nice to have default names set in the file chooser when
starting a record.
* Record button remains highlighted after turning it off (this is
probably more of an UI issue.
* Every time I start a recording I get the following exception:

> javax.media.NoDataSinkException: Cannot find a DataSink for: null
> 	at javax.media.Manager.createDataSink(Manager.java:1894)
> 	at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.neomedia.RecorderImpl.startRecording(RecorderImpl.java:88)
> 	at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCall.startRecording(MediaAwareCall.java:592)
> 	at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.AbstractOperationSetBasicTelephony.startRecording(AbstractOperationSetBasicTelephony.java:140)
> 	at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.RecordButton.actionPerformed(RecordButton.java:153)
> 	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1882)
> 	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2202)
> 	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
> 	at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(JToggleButton.java:269)
> 	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
> 	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:231)
> 	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:231)
> 	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5602)
> 	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3129)
> 	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5367)
> 	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2010)
> 	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4068)
> 	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2068)
> 	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3903)
> 	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4256)
> 	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3936)
> 	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3866)
> 	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2054)
> 	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1801)
> 	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3903)
> 	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
> 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
> 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
> 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
> 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
> 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

На 12.08.10 13:21, Lubomir Marinov написа:
> Dmitri, here's a request from Emil shared in a private conversation:
>
> We already use file dialogs and there are operating system specifics
> with respect to which file dialog implementation gets used on which
> operating system because of their different looks and feels. For
> example, the file dialog that you currently use for Call Recording on
> Mac OS X is not the type we use for "Send file" in chats on Mac OS X.
> Please try to use the file dialog implementations in accord with the
> operating system as we do elsewhere. In accord with the SIP
> Communicator architecture and design and in order to avoid
> duplication, if there's a need to implement the file dialog
> functionality in a service so that it can be consumed from different
> bundles, please introduce it.

Emil Ivov, Ph.D.                               67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead                                   France
SIP Communicator
emcho at sip-communicator.org                     PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://sip-communicator.org                    FAX:   +33.1.77.62.47.31