[sip-comm-dev] Call Recording

Lubomir Marinov lubo at sip-communicator.org
Thu Aug 19 10:28:55 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Dmitri Melnikov <dmitri807 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it's not hard to add the <pre> tags to the argument of
> Html2Text.extractText in PopupMessageHandlerSwingImpl. But what's
> puzzling to me is why Html2Text.extractText is used there at all.

Emil told me that it solved a problem in PopupMessageHandlerSwingImpl
which would fill the screen when given big HTML messages to display.

> It's
> function as I understand is to extract text from html code. But is it
> necessary? Is there such a case where html code is always passed as a
> message and cannot be extracted before?

There are multiple implementations of PopupMessageHandler and it's
their decision whether they are capable of displaying HTML. The
alternative of sanitizing all messages before passing them to the
PopupMessageHandler requires calls to Html2Text.extractText much more
often in comparison and deprives all PopupMessageHandler
implementations of dealing with HTML in accord with their own
capabilities, requirements.