[sip-comm-dev] Fwd: Re: [sip-comm] DTMP tones supported?

Emil Ivov emcho at sip-communicator.org
Thu Aug 5 11:23:02 CEST 2010

Hey all,

I guess this is indeed the most plausible explanation.

According to RFC 3264:

   in the case of RTP, the mapping from a particular dynamic payload type
   number to a particular codec within that media stream MUST NOT change
   for the duration of a session.  For example, if A generates an offer
   with G.711 assigned to dynamic payload type number 46, payload type
   number 46 MUST refer to G.711 from that point forward in any offers
   or answers for that media stream within the session.  However, it is
   acceptable for multiple payload type numbers to be mapped to the same
   codec, so that an updated offer could also use payload type number 72
   for G.711.

So basically, it is wrong for MeetingPlace to be trying to change our
RTP payload mapping from 100 to 101. Besides, in the exchange that we
are seeing here MeetingPlace is actually trying to redefine the payload
type number for both telephone-event, that we declare as 100, and H.264,
that we declare as 101 (naughty, naughty! :) ).

Daniel, do you thing this is something that could be repaired in
MeetingPlace?

Emil

На 05.08.10 10:11, Damian Minkov написа:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the dumps. The good dump is using g722 and as I not
> see any dtmf (vie sip info or vie rtp dtmf rfc2833) I suppose there
> are send like tones in the audio(inband).
> About the bad dump, I see there the dtmfs and wireshark successfully
> recognize them as rfc2833. But what I notice: we are invited and we
> respond with RINGING, TRYING, OK and in the OK we offer the dtmf as
> "Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:100 telephone-event/8000". Later in the
> ACK of our OK we receive "Media Attribute (a):
> rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000" and at the end we send the dtmf
> events with payload 100 (as in our offer). So here I'm not sure which
> is the correct behaviour, do we have to send the dtmfs with payload
> 101, or the other party must accept our offer and receive them as 100
> not as 101.
>
> Regards
> damencho
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Daniel Castro <danicast at cisco.com> wrote:
>>  Hi Emil,
>>
>> Here are the two wireshark dumps. Please let me know if there's anything
>> else I can do.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel.
>>
>> On 03/08/10 19:28, Emil Ivov wrote:
>>>
>>> На 03.08.10 17:24, Daniel Castro написа:

>>> Great!

>>> We generally open bugs once they are confirmed as such and I am thinking
>>> that in this case the issue might be with MeetingPlace. Therefore, could
>>> you please send the traces here?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Emil

Emil Ivov, Ph.D.                               67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead                                   France
SIP Communicator
emcho at sip-communicator.org                     PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://sip-communicator.org                    FAX:   +33.1.77.62.47.31