[sip-comm-dev] XCAP tests

Damian Minkov damencho at sip-communicator.org
Mon Aug 9 17:30:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

thank you for the patch, I had no problems integrating it. I made just
one little change - xcap is not enabled by default in the account
registration form. I ran tests with and without configured xcap and
all ran ok, great!
But I think that I found some problems.

1. The first was that presence is no longer working after configuring
xcap. If I'm not wrong presence is actually subscribing for all
unresolved contacts and when you are subscribed for their presence
they are finally resolved. In the case where contact list is using
xcap server, the init of the server-side contact list resolves the
contacts and after that we no longer subscribe for them as the
contacts are already resolved. And so we don't receive any presence.
This won't be hard to fix, but just mind in the presence code there
are alot of checks whether contacts are resolved and if so skipping
further processing. And mind that presence must be working and without
xcap.
2.  I think it will be best to move the server-side contact list
retrieving in different thread cause currently you are executing in
registrationChanged tread and you are blocking delivering of the event
to other thread, for example if the server is down this may block a
lot of things.
3. I was going to commit your current work as I think it won't impact
presence and storage without configuring xcap server (I was going to
disable xcap server option in the account config form) and I found
that you broke something :) Currently if you haven't configured xcap
server and you add a new contact it is added and presence is working
but later you receive a message that the contact is not added
successfully(Exception comming from contactlist). We had earlier such
an issue where adding contact with "sip:" prefix is working, but this
time even this is not helping, which make me think its easier to fix
;)

Thanks and keep with the good work we are almost there
damencho

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Grigorii Balutsel
<grigorii.balutsel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the attachment you can find the patch that removes jaxb dependencies.
> Only pres-rules (presence policies) are not ready (will be ready very soon)
> so if you want to see presence events while working on sip2sip servers
> please configure your SIP accounts by yourself.
>
> Thanks, Grigorii
>
> 2010/8/3 Grigorii Balutsel <grigorii.balutsel at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After some talk with Damian we came to conclusion that XCAP support is
>> almost done, but we have one issue - currently I need JAXB libraries (only
>> in 1.5) and there are some problems with them. So we decided to remove them,
>> it means that I have to do the parsing by hands (using parsers).
>> There are near 7 different xml, and each xml is rather big so we will do
>> it step by step, i.e. I will comment some functionality and will uncomment
>> it as soon as the parsing will be ready. After it Damian will include it
>> into the trunk. I think that this will allow us to find the unknown issues
>> quicker.
>> The first xml is resource-lists (XCAP contacts and groups). When it will
>> be ready Damian will commit my changes into the trunk.
>>
>> Thanks, Grigorii
>>
>> 2010/7/28 Grigorii Balutsel <grigorii.balutsel at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I and Damain (thanks for his patience)  continue integration into SC.
>>>
>>> For now we have 3 issues:
>>>
>>> 1. Tests are not working without setting xcap_server.
>>> 2. Adding contacts without sip: is working in trunk but not with xcap
>>> patch.