[jitsi-users] Big News!

Emil Ivov emcho at jitsi.org
Tue Apr 21 17:16:08 CEST 2015

Hey all,

Big news!

BlueJimp has just become part of the Atlassian family, and we're really
excited.

I’m sure most members of the Jitsi Community know Atlasssian from
products like JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, etc. Many of you
probably even remember when we used JIRA for the Jitsi tickets before
moving to Github.

This new partnership makes us quite happy.

What does this mean for the Jitsi community?

First things first, so there’s no confusion: Jitsi will continue to
evolve as an open source project.

Everyone at Atlassian and BlueJimp agrees that the best way to keep
Jitsi thriving is by working hand in hand with the community.

The BlueJimp team will concentrate on Jitsi Videobridge, Jigasi,
Jirecon, Jitisi Meet and the rest of our conferencing projects. We also
plan on supporting new contributions from the community so projects like
the Jitsi Client can continue developing.

Taking Jitsi and BlueJimp to new heights

Atlassian is a successful company with significantly more resources than
BlueJimp ever had. This new partnership gives the Jitsi Community the
support of a strong network, allowing us the freedom to focus on Jitsi's
capabilities.

This opportunity to grow exponentially is what helped us decide to
partner with Atlassian, and I am super excited.
Thanks to Atlassian, we now have options and support. Jitsi has the
resources to grow and conquer.

Obviously, the folks at Atlassian are eager to get things going, so the
BlueJimp team is hard at work integrating Jitsi with HipChat. We are
also exploring what we can do with other Atlassian products.

All in all, this is all about collaboration and the work that we do
together. It's definitely a great beginning.

Cheers!
Emil

P.S. Please send replies to dev at jitsi.org
--