[jitsi-users] jitsi-meet with ejabberd/Apache

Yasen Pramatarov yasen at lindeas.com
Thu Oct 1 12:36:16 CEST 2015

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 12:16:50 +0200 Peter Beck wrote:

>I'm a little bit confused, the debian-package for jitsi-meet depends on
>propsody and ngnix ?
>
>Depends: debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, jitsi-videobridge,
>jitsi-meet-prosody, libjs-jquery, libjs-jquery-ui,
>openjdk-8-jre-headless | nginx
>
>That means it is not possible to run jitsi-meet with ejabberd and
>apache ? Or did I choose the wrong package ?

 No, it just means that the deb packages that are available depend on
 nginx and prosody.

 If you don't have other reason to use a different web and xmpp server,
 nginx and prosody work really well. On a newer install with openjdk-8
 available you can omit the nginx dependency and rely on jetty -- it's
 the default setup for new installs with openjdk-8.

 There are no other packages, but you can always reconfigure the server
 to use apache and/or ejabberd|openfire etc. Some people are using such
 setups with apache and openfire, but YMMV, as the upstream tested
 setup is nginx|jetty and prosody.