[jitsi-users] Corporate firewall settings to use Jitsi client and webapp meet.jit.si

Andrea Magatti andrea.magatti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:02:00 CET 2016

For my experience you need:

80             TCP    HTTP/BOSH/Websocket
443            TCP    HTTP/BOSH/Websocket

10000-20000    UDP/TCP    jitsi-meet videostream RTP

You can skip port 80 if you use only https
Anyway if you need firewall traversal you need the TURN server, and i don't
know if meet.jitsi.si is configured this way!

If you need some professional experience, drop me an email!
I've worked on 3 projects using jitsi-meet

By

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Paolo Dongilli <paolo.dongilli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks so much.
>
> What if I want to use specifically the services hosted at jit.si?
> What are in this case destination IPs and PORTs I need to specify in
> our firewall?
>
> Thanks,
> Paolo.
>

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Yasen Pramatarov <yasen at lindeas.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 17:26:15 +0100 (CET) Rainer Schuth wrote:
> >
> >  In fact from outside you need just these:
> >
> >>80             TCP    HTTP/BOSH/Websocket
> >>443            TCP    HTTP/BOSH/Websocket
> >>4443           TCP     jitsi-meet videostream for very restrictive
> >>environments
> >>10000-20000    UDP/TCP    jitsi-meet videostream RTP (This port range
> >>may vary, depending on videobridge config!)
> >>10000-20000    UDP/TCP TURN server media (This port range may vary,
> >>depending on TURN server config!)
> >
> >  If Jitsi Meet is installed all on one host, you only need these from
> >  outside.
> >
> >  And the following you need from localhost (or between the different
> >  machines, in case the components of Jitsi Meet is installed on
> >  different servers):
> >
> >>5222           TCP    XMPP client to server connections
> >>5269           TCP    XMPP server to server connections
> >>5280           TCP    HTTP and SecureWebSocket connection (SSL)
> >>5281           TCP    HTTP and WebSocket connection
> >
> >  I'll add also TCP 5347, which is the default for xmpp components
> >  connections. You need the components to be able to open it on the
> >  prosody host, so that they can register.
> >
> > --
> > | Yasen Pramatarov
> > | Lindeas Ltd. https://lindeas.com
> > | 'working on GNU/Linux ideas'